Saturday, October 27, 2007

“WTF is wrong with this world!”

Summer times - “WTF is wrong with this world!”

Well apart from work, there were at least a million activities to do. While some get involved in arcade while others in pool, some pick some drinks and chat with the girlfriends, while others simply go tango-ing. If at all there is one soul who sit right in the middle of all this and thinking “WTF is wrong…” ?

And there was this Boat cruise, a beautiful large boat cruising along all the interns and their guests. You cannot expect a better trip on the seas off SFO on the moonlight sipping beers and playing say no-to-girls-when-they-try-to-tease-you games. Well occasionally you might spot a dark figure in the moonlight at the end of the boat, sitting motionless and highly contemplative, amidst all this fantasy gamers, thinking “WTF is wrong…”

There was this girl (Ramya – name changed mainly fearing her husband might bash her up after seeing this post, say, after 20 years), good looking and with great assets. No wonder I was totally into only one direction, “her” direction. Every time we meet in the Namaste Café smiling faces crop up and small “Hi”. Once out of excitement I approached her “What about a Coffee?” and that’s it, and could hardly see her for the rest of the days. I could imagine what must have been running all over her mind “Well, he would call me for a coffee, then a date, and will have all the fun in this world and I am ditched”; Perfectly normal. And I would have appreciated if she had told me this straight on face, at least I will be happy to know my reckoning is correct. Well if she later realizes that she was horribly wrong, then again I will still be there sitting in one end thinking “WTF is wrong…”

Yeah the summer was great, I did a lot. Yeah a lot! Scootering, skate boarding, and racing, and what not! Well, I wish I could have done more and it all started when I called up home,

Amma: “enna?” (what?)
Me: “I got an internship at Google”
Amma: “enna adhu?” (what is that?)
Me: “Gooooooooooooogle”
Amma: “enna Goggle-aa?”
Me: “No no, Google! amma”
Amma: “ennavo po!” (ok that’s something)
Me: “No no it’s not something, its Google G-O-O-G-L-E”
Amma: “Ok ok ozhunga saapidu” (ok ok eat well)

And the phone was cut and so is the story of my Internship.

3 comments:

Ajax said...

that google stuff was funny :)...way to go thala :)

-Praveen

Anonymous said...

It's a little more bizarre than our run of the mill, but it's a typical motive if what we're being told is true.


Bipolar Support Group

Payel said...

I almost wanna leave a comment saying "WTF..." but somehow I like this weird post of urs...goes with ur personality W-E-I-R-D-O :P